In honor of Halloween, we’d like to talk about preparing for a zombie catastrophe.
Seriously, we think you should prepare for a zombie apocalypse.
What, exactly, would zombie apocalypse preparation look like?
- getting updates via Twitter, Facebook, texts from the CDC and your local emergency services (e.g., sheriff’s office, fire and rescue)
- having a “go bag” ready in your home / office
- having a shelter-in-place plan for your family / business
- having an evacuation plan for your family / business
- having a supply of food, water, first aid supplies, batteries, flashlights, radios, important documents, medical supplies, pet supplies, extra cash, and copies of your keys at your home
Now, if you’ve been around this blog for any length of time, the points above should look familiar. We talk about this stuff all the time – you need to have a plan in place for emergencies; you need to have supplies in place in case of emergencies; you need to be aware of your surroundings and knowledgable about threats to mitigate the risks.
Preparing for a zombie apocalypse actually looks a lot like preparing for any serious emergency or threat. If you’re prepared for the zombie apocalypse, you’re pretty much prepared for any major emergency like a hurricane, tornado, active shooter, pandemic outbreak, nuclear blast, home fire, etc.
So please, prepare for the zombie apocalypse. You won’t regret it!